Advertisement

22:00 Where Could I Go | 23:00 Found | 00:00 Midnight

22:00 Where Could I Go | 23:00 Found | 00:00 Midnight No matter who we are and where we are, we are all, in some way, broken people. We live in a fallen world that has yet to be made perfect, and not one of us has been perfectly loved or has lived a life free of pain and hurt. In one way or another, we are walking wounded. I hear people talk about the 'God-shaped hole' that we all have, but I'm starting to understand more about what that actually is. For many, it's easier to try and forget about the wound - to find an escape and block it out for a little while, or find a place where we can feel some temporary sense of love and approval. Particularly as it comes to the night time, when the lights and the sounds of the city draw in people looking to 'lose themselves', or maybe it's simply in the lights of our phone screens as we scroll through endless streams of digital noise and distract ourselves from the present moment. Either way, there is nowhere we can hide from the love of God. He's always present. He's always reaching out in his kindness. No matter how far we run and hide, his love always finds us. It's the only thing that satisfies. The only cure for the wound. Sometimes we just need to stop running and allow ourselves to be found.

As I wrote these tracks I felt like I could picture specific people in specific places: somebody moving through a crowded nightclub, a phone screen illuminating a darkened room, a heart struggling with addiction - realising that God, in his love and mercy and compassion, is reaching out for each one of us. 22:00 Where Could I Go is written from Psalm 139:7-10, I love the questioning of the psalm. Where could I go? Is there any way I can escape? It's followed by probably my favourite track on the beat tape, 23:00 Found, a short instrumental track that feels like the moment of revelation, the moment we stop running. It flows into 00:00 Midnight, a house-inspired track, a moment to dance. Not to lose ourselves, but in celebration of salvation, and knowing our identity. Midnight: where everything changes. The start of a new day in the middle of the dark.

These tracks are taken from my beat tape, Twenty Four. Pre-order the album, and merch at:


Follow me on social media:
» Instagram -
» Twitter -
» Facebook -

dance,chill,EDM,jonathan ogden,beat tape,twenty four,where could I go,electronic worship,dance worship,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar