Advertisement

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHO I AM.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHO I AM. RSVP TO THE LAUNCH PARTY:

I am so excited to announce my collaboration with the Asian American woman-owned streetwear brand, Uprisers ( It was so amazing to work with a team that is as passionate about this purpose and movement, as I am.

In 2016, I created the global movement called #MagandangMorenx which literally translates to "beautiful brown skin" in Tagalog and is inclusive of all genders. When I lived and went to school in the Philippines when I was younger, I was bullied for having darker skin. My darker-skinned classmates and family were also discriminated against solely for the color of their skin.

Colorism, which is defined as the preferential or prejudicial treatment of same-race people based solely on skin color, permeates cultures all throughout Asia and is especially pernicious in countries that have been colonized by Europeans. I created #MagandangMorenx to combat colorism within our community and celebrate the diversity of Filipino beauty. No one should be treated differently or lose access to opportunities solely because of their skin color. Colorism is an archaic system that must be dismantled. (read more here:

Growing up as a mixed person, I was constantly told by other people who I could and couldn't be. How I should or shouldn't identify. I noticed this was the case for my non cishet friends or other people who didn't identify within the norm. I internalized all the things other people said to me as a child. When I transitioned into adulthood and went on the journey to discover myself, I realized that I couldn't let other people tell me who I was when I didn't even know who that was yet. "You can't tell me who I am" was an important mantra that really helped me become confident in my identity and fully embrace who and what I am.

I created a capsule collection with Uprisers to be inclusive of this messaging. I really wanted to create a collection with a purpose. I wanted to be able to wear something that represents pride, confidence, and empowerment. I hope that by wearing this, you can also feel the same.

SHOP MY COLLECTION HERE:

xo Asia

- - - - - - - -

🌐Michelle Hanabusa, founder of Uprisers:

🎨 Sophia Chang, designer:

📸 Emilio Sanchez, photographer:

📹BTS shot by Jo Choi:


✨ MODELS ✨

Miles Jai
╰ Instagram:
╰ YouTube:

Shahd Batal
╰ Instagram:
╰ YouTube:

Veasna Mao
╰ Instagram:

Ericka Bernabe
╰ Instagram:

OJAY
╰ Instagram:

Halleta Alemu
╰ Instagram:
╰ YouTube:

Jeshua
╰ Instagram:
╰ Listen to his newest single:

MTOORAY
╰ Instagram:
╰ YouTube:

Kumari Suraj
╰ Instagram:
╰ YouTube:

asia jackson,aasian,magandangmorenx,colorism,morenx,morena,moreno,you can't tell me who i am,uprisers,we are uprisers,miles jai,shahd batal,kumari suraj,mtooray,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar