Advertisement

Dearly Beloved One (ידיד נפש)

Dearly Beloved One (ידיד נפש) My translation of Yedid Nefesh. Original Hebrew version is from Regesh composed by Rabbi Shmuel Brazil

Dearly beloved one, compassionate Daddy of Mine

Draw your humble servant close, closer to your will

And I will run to you, Oh swiftly like a deer

And throw myself before you, toward your majesty

It will be so wonderfully great, to have that friendship with you

Would be oh so sweet, sweeter than honey, the sweetest thing in the world

Majestic and beautiful, radiant light of the world

My spirit and soul yearn for your love, I'm lovesick all the time

Hashem please heal me now, please return my strength

Show me the pleasant and the beautiful, your ever radiant shine

And then I will be complete, my soul will be strengthened and healed

And eternal Bliss and eternal gladness will forever be mine

All worthy one, awaken your mercy today

Please have pity upon the son of your beloved one

Because it has been so long, that I have yearned so strong

Waiting and yearning to behold the Splendor of your strength

This is my only want, my only hearts desire

So please take pity I beg you for mercy, Please do not hide from me

Dearly beloved one, please reveal yourself

And spread over and upon me the shelter of your peace

Illuminate the world with your honor and glory

That we may rejoice in ecstasy, the joy of being with you

Hasten and show us Your Love, for that time has come

And you will grace us and will embrace us as in the days of old

נפש)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar