Advertisement

Chrono Orchestra - Brink of Time [Extended w| DL Link]

Chrono Orchestra - Brink of Time [Extended w| DL Link] Before we begin, I would like to thank the Lord Jesus Christ for my life, and all the gifts which I've been given in it, including the ability to make this extension. Your name be glorified, my Savior, even in something as small as this. Amen.

MP3 Link:
Chrono Extensions Folder #2:

Buy the entire Chrono Orchestrated Album here:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (thud) Ow. Well, as much as I appreciate being helped on my way by that guy in the silk hat, this was a less than ideal exit from the corridor of time and space to say the least.

"You're tellin' me. Nice face-plant!"

Mmph... that voice is familiar. Gonna lever myself up first, then... Ah! It's you! The purple octopus who wrecked my time machine!

"Relax, your ride's double-parked right over there. And the name's Orthros, thanks."

The Sylbird's here? Sweet! ... Huh. That name of yours sounds a bit familiar.

"Maybe you've met my third cousin, five times removed? He's quite the video game celeb. G'fa, ha, ha!"

That could be it. Wait, five times removed?

"Yeah, the guy snuck back into our family tree four times! But so far, so good."

Oooo-kay. Hello out there, viewer! 'Tis I, your friend and semi-host in time, Alkahest! Welcome to a pleasant, if somewhat bleak little point in the time-space continuum. What it lacks in decor, it more than makes up for in amenities, and music.

"Some amenities. I peeked into this bucket over here and nearly ended up as fried calamari!"

I know how that can be. For those unfamiliar with our surroundings, let me explain: this is the Brink of Time, also known to some (namely old-timers like me!) as the End of Time. Many wayward travelers through time are likely to find themselves here, due to-

"Convenient plot twists and restrictive game mechanics?"

-the Conservation of Time theorem.

"Like I said..."

Hush, before you end up as a dish at Eorzea Cafe. There's not much to be found here apart from a lamp-post, a few moderately OSHA-compliant guard rails, portals to far away times, and oh yeah, a bucket full of doomy-doom-dooms. You may not kick this bucket, but it can certainly kick you!

"You tell another joke that lame, and somebody's gonna be kicking you real soon instead."

Oh. W-well... I thought it was funny. (cough) There's also a door over yonder, but I see there's a sign on it: 'Back when Chrono Break releases'. Guess whoever's usually in there must not be in right now?

"Talk about your long vacations. G'fa, ha, ha! ...Hey, tell 'em about the music next."

Oy, I was just getting to that! The theme played here is 'Brink of Time', composed by Yasunori Mitsuda for the classic JRPG title Chrono Trigger. It's a gentle, soothing melody with a slightly upbeat and merry spirit to it; the version we hear now comes to us from Chrono Orchestra, and was arranged by Daisuke Shinoda. The arrangement is certainly one of the more lovely versions I've heard; it has a faintly waltz-esque quality to it, and the ending flourish is particularly sublime.

"Y'know, I've got a pair of cousins who run the Bend of Time."

That so? You've got quite an extended family, Orthros. Well, once I fix up my time machine, it ought not to be too hard to get back to where I came from. Although... maybe I should check out a few of those pillars first? They seem intriguing.

"You do what you like, I'm goin' back home. Later, muscle-head!"

Fair enough. Later, ink-for-brains! Give my regards to your cousin. And as for you, viewer? I hope you'ved enjoyed. Hope to see you again, somewhere in time! May God bless.

Images taken from:

Funny, this pillar of light looks a bit different than the rest. Where could it lead? I guess it wouldn't hurt anything to find out...

Chrono,Trigger,Orchestra,Arrangement,Box,Yasunori Mitsuda,Crono,Marle,Nadia,Lucca,Robo,Frog,Glenn,Magus,Janus,End of Time,Brink of Time,Gaspar,Spekkio,Epoch,Sylbird,Orchestrated,Daisuke Shinoda,Squaresoft,Square-Enix,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar