Advertisement

My Dental Elective

My Dental Elective This summer me and three other dental students (and friends of mine) went to Cambodia to do our dental elective with an amazing charity called One2One.
We volunteered for 5 days at Krousar Thmey School for Deaf and Blind Children in Phnom Penh, and spent one afternoon helping at a feeding programme in one of Phnom Penh’s slums.

Thanks to the donations made towards this cause, we were able to buy some dental equipment for the charity, stationary for the school plus food, toothbrushes and toothpaste for 100 children. We even had money left over to contribute towards upkeep of the hostel we stayed at, where the employees were university students from underprivileged backgrounds.

If you want to know more about this charity please visit

I hope this video inspires you to make a change, no matter how big or small!

Whilst we are on this topic, I am also a student representative for the Refugee Crisis Foundation, please give us a follow on Instagram @rcfplymouth and visit to find out more!

If you have any questions feel free to comment, email or dm me on Instagram @thedentlyf

PS. I tried and failed to speak to a camera in public, instead I have put some captions in for information and story-telling purposes!

dental elective,cambodia,dentistry,dental students,dental student,medical elective,medicine,dentist,thedentlyf,getting into dental school,how to apply to dental school,cambodia elective,preventative dentistry,one2one charity,dental one2one,asia elective,asia travel vlog,cambodia travel vlog,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar