Advertisement

Why Dividend Investing Is Hard & Most People Cannot Make It Work

Why Dividend Investing Is Hard & Most People Cannot Make It Work Living the passive income FIRE (financial independence retire early) dream on dividend income is hard. I share in today's video stocks I own that are facing real drama: Altria (MO), Philip Morris (PM), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and 3M (MMM). Learn how I approach this drama as a #dividend #stock #investor with 20+ years experience. I'm excited to share the key strategies that make dividend growth investing work for me, the frameworks that I personally leverage in my own investing.

Timestamps:
0:00 Intro – Tons of drama right now for dividend stock investors
1:40 Looks like Altria (MO) and Philip Morris (PM) are considering joining forces again. Here’s what I think about it!
3:40 In general, I'm a fan if they combine forces or if they stay separate. They will do what's best for shareholders.
4:14 Altria (MO) just raised the dividend. My dividend yield on cost is 21% on my first tranche.
5:30 How are the stocks reacting? (It gets complex because even more news came out today.)
7:23 Once you have built-in gains, the drama is not as scary. Newer investors have it the roughest.
7:43 MO
9:40 PM
10:46 BTI
11:13 What is my strategy right now in the sin stock sector?
12:25 JNJ
13:15 An important note on the Johnson & Johnson opioid trail and my discussions of it here.
14:49 I actually think there exists some risk here with JNJ: What if other states come in (in addition to Oklahoma)?
15:25 This is why I diversify in my dividend stock portfolio.
17:17 The way society is going with big government creates more risk for dividend investors.
19:00 MMM
19:40 What are the key lessons from all of this? What do these examples teach dividend investors?
20:46 STRATEGY: How I dollar cost average
22:25 IMPORTANT: This is why dividend investing is REALLY hard and most people cannot do it. I expect to be down on every tranche in the coming years in the short-run (during a down market).
24:33 STRATEGY: In a bad market, it is oftentimes better to stay high level during the drama.
25:31 STRATEGY: Am I buying more here?
26:27 STRATEGY: We're going to get a lot of "I told you so". Be careful to stay in a supportive investing community.
27:52 STRATEGY: Diversification is everything!
28:36 I want to discuss running and how it relates to dividend stock investing.
29:19 KEY: Stay excited in the stock market over time, over the long-term.
29:47 KEY: Stay a little distracted so the process goes by faster.
30:31 KEY: Consider zoning out a bit during the long marathon of dividend investing for FIRE.
31:35 KEY POINT: Dividend growth investing is hard!
33:41 KEY: It always takes longer than you think. It's always more difficult than you think.
34:24 KEY: It's the mental side of it!
34:49 KEY: Listen to your heart when investing.
35:49 KEY: Stay away from negative self-talk.
36:15 KEY: It's hard, but what other options really are there? Dividend growth investing is the best true passive income strategy, in my opinion.
39:52 Gilroy Gardens

Download my entire dividend stock portfolio here:

I'm now paying bills with dividends:

Here's what we discussed at our recent PPC Ian meet-up in San Francisco:

DISCLOSURE: I am long Altria (MO), Philip Morris (PM), BTI (BTI), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 3M (MMM), Cedar Fair (FUN), and McDonalds (MCD). I own these stocks in my stock portfolio. Also, my kids own Disney (DIS).

DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.

Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.

COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.

why,dividend,investing,hard,dividends,stock,stocks,invest,investor,investment,fire,financial,independence,retire,retirement,early,passive,income,strategy,growth,value,long term,dividend investing,dividend stocks,dividend growth investing,stock market,recession,stock portfolio,dividend income,how to,passive income,how to invest,how to invest for beginners,value investing,money,cash flow,dividend investing explained,stock market 101,ppc ian,ian lopuch,difficult,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar